Monday, May 08, 2006

Why Priceline is Doomed

Last weekend, I tried to book some tickets for August travel for my wife and daughter via Priceline - what a bummer...

The travel I requested was supposed to be SFO-JMS (probably connecting in Minneapolis). JMS is a small regional airport in North Dakota. Well, the counter "offer" was not for more money, but for SFO-DFW. I don't think Dallas is in North Dakota.



I pointed this out in two separate emails to Priceline's customer support staff. These two separate people, Pooja B. and Neeraj S. The response is both cases was identical:

"Thank you for taking the time to send us an e-mail. We understand that the counter offer we provided was for a trip to Fort Worth, Dallas, whereas you would like to travel to Jamestown, North Dakota.

As explained earlier, if you do not want to accept the offer we provided, simply disregard it and do nothing..."



Ignoring the fact that Dallas is not a state, perhaps we really have a much more basic failure here, a

failure to communicate


I think I will take them up on the offer and "do nothing" - at least with them.

1 comment:

Margie said...

Good idea to do nothing with them.