Saturday, September 17, 2005

Sick, tackroom, and good news!

After not feeling so well this morning (something I ate last night) I finally got myself together about 3pm and did some fixit stuff around the house. After a bit I actually went out to the garage-tackroom and put one more sheet of drywall on the ceiling.

I have 2 half-sheets to go up and that's the end of the drywall work, so am nearing the end. I also used joint compound on screw-heads and joints, so I only have about 60-80 square feet of that left to do, and then I'm caught up with the drywall installation itself.

After this, I think it's get everything out of the room, sand the joint compound, paint first coat of paint and we're pretty much ready to move the appliances, finish the lower cabinet installation. We're getting close to the end!

Work-- been busy, another RFP is consuming my time, fell asleep last two nights at the keyboard... I have an associate that's pretty much in the same boat, last week there was mention of "driving around aimlessly looking for chocolate..." I keep thinking...
got to be a better way...

For the good news around here, Eunice has signed on for a coursework in baking and pastry at the California Culinary Academy. It starts in November and runs thru June. We will have to rearrange finances and schedules around here, but I think it's worth it. This is something she's been talking about for some time. I'm especially looking forward to chocolates, since she gets to bring home some of her classwork!

Le Cordon Bleu Pâtisserie and Baking - This program provides
students with hands-on training in four areas: breads and doughs; cakes; service pastry and desserts; and chocolate, confectionery and show pieces. In addition, the curriculum includes professional development courses on safety and sanitation, nutrition and human resource management.



Quote for the day: “When you're in the elevator and it stops to pick up someone who stood for five minutes waiting for the darn thing only to go DOWN one floor, and you say "that lazy b*&%$#"...... You need to pray at work.”

1 comment:

Lizzie said...

I came across your blog and just thought I'd say "hi."