Friday, September 16, 2005

protocol drivers

I need to rant on programs and/or people that feel they need to override the protocol drivers already on your system in order to install their own, "better" driver.  

I have just spent the better part of 2 hours, backing out some software that installed itself, as an update, to an existing set of software.  The original intent of this software was a database of hotspots around the world. Sounds like a good thing, right?

So, why do they think that someone interested in a database of hotspot locations would like, all of a sudden, want to have a new set of protocol drivers for a wireless card installed?  

Jeez, nothing was working, my laptop was crapping out with the big "blue screen of death" and a huge memory dump, each time I booted.  

Get a life! Leave me alone.

No comments: